Yesterday around lunch time, I started having this low back pain that was a new pain to me during pregnancy and was on my sides, rather than centered on my back. I went back to work and tried to continue. About 2.5 hours later, it was still continuing so I called my doctor's office. The nurse didn't seem concerned with the back pain, but did ask if I felt the baby move recently. That's when it occurred to me that I hadn't felt him since sometime that morning. I originally estimated 10:30 or 11, but once I really thought about it, it was probably before that. Well, she didn't like that so she told me to go to L&D for monitoring.
I go home to get the hubs then we get to L&D about 4:15. I tell the nurses in the triage my story and say that the office wants me monitored due to the change in fetal movements. I say this with a "I'm sorry to be bothering you with something so trivial" tone in my voice. About 10 minutes later I'm hooked up to everything and baby is beating away. About an hour later, the nurse comes in to read the graphs. I know one is his heartbeat, but the other was unfamiliar to me. I ask, and they say that it monitors contractions, and that I was having 1 every 6 minutes.
I was surprised. I guess I always thought that I would know a contraction when I felt it as that is what everyone has said. Shoot, my BH I could feel, but not these. They checked my cervix and I am dilated to 1 cm. Nothing big as I can stay dilated for weeks before going into labor. But, as I'm not yet 35 weeks, they don't want me to continue with contractions. They gave me a dose of terbutaline to see if it would calm my uterus down. I was so jittery from getting it. They continued monitoring for 30 minutes and during that time, there was nothing. When the nurse came in, it looked like everything was fine and that it took. So, she left to get the on call dr from my office and see if they could discharge me. 45 minutes later, she comes back in, and I've had 2 more contractions about 10 minutes apart. So, I got another dose.
I got to leave about 8:00 last night and I was told to watch everything to see if I could go to work today and if my back still hurt the same way, then I should stay home and off my feet to see if that helped. So, I go to work today and only lasted 4 hours. I continued to have contractions and I was very, very hot. I'm now in bed at home. Jason had the house cold and ready to help cool me off and I haven't had 1 contraction (at least, based off that back pain) since coming home. Perhaps it's the weather, and it's only going to get hotter. Perhaps it's just trying to calm down from yesterday. I don't go to see my doctor until this coming Monday, so I'm not really sure if I have to be on bedrest or not. If I stay ok today, I'll try to go back in to work tomorrow, and if it doesn't go well, then that will probably be my sign.

No comments:
Post a Comment