Monday, December 7, 2009

Today is Day 1

Day 1 of Number 23, not going on facebook for 1 week. This is going to be hard. I have it on my phone and can check it anytime I want... My homepage is set to facebook. I had to remember to hit the stop button to keep the page from loading this afternoon as I got home from work. Oh boy. Wish me luck!

Number 6. Host Holiday Party.

Saturday was it, our 3rd holiday party. It was the ugly Christmas sweater theme. The people I knew that would rock the ugly sweaters did not attend, the wife got so sick that the husband stayed home. Everyone else just wore the traditional Santa's hat. So, no one got the prize. It's ok, I have a picture of me and Jason wearing our sweaters. I just haven't uploaded them to my computer yet. There was someone else that was sick and someone who's roommate's grandfather passed away and stayed home to be supportive. I actually think this was the worst one of the three we've had so far. I like the second weekend in December for having these things... Maybe next year we can have it then.

Number 9. Have a movie night once a week for 6 months.

Last week we watched The Greatest Game Ever Played. It's a Disney movie about an underdog in sports. What's not to love?! It stars a post Even Stevens/pre Transformers Shai LeBouf as Francis Oiumet, a guy who loves golf but does not come from a background that would allow him to play golf. I don't know anything about golf but you don't need to to understand the movie. We both saw this movie a while ago. In fact, I bought it when it first came out on DVD and remember taking it with me to London (I think?) when we went and had my family watch it one night in the hotel as they had never seen it. Now they own it.

Number 13. Try 10 new restaurants

Last week Jason took me to Manuel's on Bell Road. He has been there before but as I'm not a Mexican food fan, I had never been. I once again had fajitas. That is the safest choice for me besides for a cheese crisp. I was surprised though that there were only three tortillas and how much meat I got. I had enough for lunch the next day but I can't imagine how much would have been left if the peppers and onions were used too. It was alright, but as I'm not a Mexican food fan, I will try to not go back.


3 comments:

Stacey said...

How do you not love Mexican food? It's one of my favorite things EVER!

Good luck on no Facebook, I've been thinking about it but I'm not sure I could do it lol.

Hunter's Mom said...

I know! It's sooo hard! I haven't survived a day yet! I don't know where to go online!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Good luck! Let us know how your facebookless week goes. Aww party poopers - why didn't anyone wear an ugly sweater?!